This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to Agile Service Management, the application, and integration of agile thinking into service management processes and process design projects. Agile thinking improves IT’s effectiveness and efficiency, and enables IT to continue to deliver value in the face of changing requirements.
The learning objectives for Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) include an understanding of:
- What does it mean to “be agile?”
- The Agile Manifesto, its core values, and principles
- Agile concepts and practices including ITSM, Kanban, Lean and DevOps
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and events as it applies to both products and processes
- The two aspects of Agile Service Management:
a. Agile Process Improvement–ensuring processes are lean and deliver “just enough” control
b. Agile Process Design–applying Agile practices to process design projects
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute; exams are delivered through an independent, global examination partner. The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
- Anyone interested in learning about Agile and Scrum from a products and process perspective
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, reengineering or improving process
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives
- Internal and external suppliers
- Process stakeholders