This sixteen (16) hours course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business and IT
- Principles and practices including CI, CD, testing, security and the Three Ways
- DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Improved workflows, communication and feedback loops
- Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate.
- Anyone seeking an understanding of DevOps principles, practices and cultural considerations
- Organizations wanting to instill a common DevOps vocabulary and mindset
- Employees and managers responsible for leading
- DevOps transformations Consultants, internal and external suppliers